May and June are packed with painting fun at the studio. Summer is approaching and now is a good time to plan your studio time.
Remember: “You never find time, you have to make it.”
Do something for yourself and just go ahead and add your painting time to your calendar.
OK so what is all this painting fun?
- Our Assemblage class/Play Day is this coming Friday and I looking forward to experiencing all those creative minds at work.
- I have my order in for the DecoArt Chalky Paint and am expecting it to arrive soon! We have loved using this paint and I’m excited to be able to share it with you. You can find more information on the DecoArt web site. We have another class coming up on May 20, 10am -3p when we’ll have fun using this paint on furniture or decorative items. I have lots of product to share so plan to join us and learn all about the Chalky Paint. Register by May 14th.
- Wed am is painting a beautiful sunflower in watercolors starting May 14. I still need to get our sample painted but I’ll post a photo when I get it completed.
- Our Wed evening class was postponed last week with the storms coming through so our final project, the Old Coach House, is now on May 14. This is a primitive style design by Rebecca Trimble that was in the Aug 2012 Paint Works. Beautiful vibrant colors.
- Our Cary class starts the Red Window this evening, postponed from last week. Storms again. On May 27 we’ll have fun repainting one of my originals that I painted at the nursing home for the residents. I love the design and we want to do an improved version. Blue Moon.
- On Sat, June 7, 11:30-2:30p, we have a fun Goldfish painted with acrylic inks, acrylics, pen, and a drinking straw. Hope I have your curiosity piqued. Be sure to add this one to your schedule. This class is appropriate for kids, 8yrs and up, and adults.
- Our June Play Day is the colored pencil that I’ve been promising. I did my version of Lydia Steeve’s kitten. So cute. Mark your calendar for Friday June 20, 10a-2p. So the web site won’t let me post the photo of the kitten but you can see it on my facebook page.
- Ros’ painting should be arriving before long. I can’t wait to see how Ros interprets our ideas for this summer. But you don’t have to wait to register. Register now.
- And our schedule is filling with more weekly classes.
You can fine more information about these classes on the class page along with photos, assuming that I have the sample completed. Go ahead and register on line, send me a check, or drop by the studio.
I’ll be out of the studio this coming Monday, May 12. I’m going to Gail and Leon’s house to pick up our Ros surfaces… and see what mischief Gail and I can stir up. Have a good Mother’s Day. I’ll be sure to give Gail’s Mom hugs.
I have our family beach trip coming up June 22 – 28th and looking forward to it. No class that week unless Carol comes up with a treat.
Speaking of treats… Gail and I are starting to talk about an ArtFling later this summer…. We’ll keep you informed.
Keep watching the schedules for updates later this week. I have to go Zumba! right now.