Subscribe to our Newsletter
Reproduction of the contents of this web site, including images, is strictly prohibited without the permission of Liz Miller CDA. Any unauthorized use will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Copyright Liz Miller CDA.
200 Sawmill Rd, Suite 201
Raleigh NC 27615
Thurs-Sat when classes are scheduled.
DecoArt Helping Artist
Just a few update notes for you. I need to get back to some painting.
- As you know we missed a Tue class for the weather so be sure to check the changed dates for classes.
- We’re enjoying our Wed day, Doorway class so much that we’ve decided to add another week for a second door, The Blue Doorway. So be sure to check these dates also. Those of you who missed this week’s class can come next Wed for the first week of your doorway class.
- We’ve added a class to our Wed evening schedule, Side-loading 202. A good opportunity for a refresher. Plan to join us on Feb 5th.
- I’m adding more workshop and “Play Day” classes. Be sure to check for these. What’s a play day? Check the workshop schedule.
- Be sure to check the seminar info for our July seminar with Ros! Mark your calendar and register now.
- Paints are restocked and the rack is full. I also received a shipment of canvases and art boards.
- I’ve received a shipment from DecoArt of their new Chalky Finish Paints and new stencils. These new 2014 products are not available for purchase yet, so we are favored to have them to play with this quick. And they are wonderful. Classes are planned to explore them. Ros will be using some of them in her seminar projects too.
- Gail Schmidt was asked by DecoArt to design some mixed media projects for them and for us. The first of these using DecoArt products is on their web site now!
Check it out!
- And lastly, please remember to pay/register for your class at least a week prior to the class. You’ll receive your prep when I receive your class fee. If people don’t pay they don’t have a tendency to show up for the class. Thanks much.
We’ve had a fun and busy summer at Artful Endeavors filled with seminars, workshops, and classes all exploring new subjects and techniques. I’ve added just a few photos here for our reminiscences. Notice all the smiles.
A few important notes for you:
· We’re painting with Ros next week so there are no regular classes. The following week I am taking off for a short break to catch my breath. Classes will resume on Aug 6 & 7. Tue open class resumes on Aug 6. Let me know if you plan to join us.
· We have lots of fun painting planned for Aug so be sure to plan ahead. You can register for all the classes on line or at the studio.
Wed am starts the Wolf on Aug 7 so be sure to get your prep this week. He’s a handsome fellow I think. Register now.
· Wed pm continues with Basics on Aug 7 with Trudy Beard’s Garden Shed. We’ll be using lots of good refresher techniques and finishing a delightful painting in our 3 hrs. Anyone can join us for some painting fun. Register this week.
· Wed afternoon, 2p-4p, painters are working on the Iris in our open class. If you want to paint this beautiful design join us either this week, tomorrow, or Aug 7 . Get your prep this week.
· Our Cary classes are moving in Aug. So far we are painting the Iris at Linda’s house. If you are interested in joining us
starting Aug 13, contact me to register and get directions.
· ArtFling update: If you can’t resist joining us for Gail’s Gelli Print class, and I hope you can’t resist, please register by July 30. Gail needs to order our Gelli mats so that we’ll be prepared. Plan on joining my nostalgic, misty morning, Rope Swing class too. I won’t teach this project again for at least 6 mo. So don’t pass up this opportunity. Don’t’ forget to register by July 30. Did I mention that you should register by July 30?
· It’s also time to register for the Cobalt and Hydrangeas if you haven’t do so already. This will be the last time I’ll teach this project for about a year. Register by Aug 23.
· We’ve schedule another parent/child class for Aug 6, that’s Tue afternoon, 1p-3p. We’re painting a light house! Plan to join us. Register by contacting me by the end of July.
Hope to see you at our air-conditioned studio in Aug!
Liz Miller CDA
200 Sawmill Rd, Suite 201
Raleigh NC 27615
June 2013 started with a hot day outside and some cool painting inside the studio. We had a lively group of painters here on Sunday painting stormy skies of Night Vision: learning, laughing, and scheduling more workshops for the summer. Students left the studio commenting on how much they learned from this class.
On Aug 31 the students have schedule for me to teach my Cobalt and Hydrangeas design. This will be the last time I can teach this design for the year so be sure to join us in Aug.
I’ve been busy painting upcoming projects for workshops. I finished my Rope Swing design for our Summer’s End ArtFling. I’ve been wantign to paint mist and have had a request for a weeping willow. Here I’ve combined them both for what I think is a nostalgic painting bringing back memories of early morning from younger days. I’ve designed this painting for all levels, so no prior painting experience is required, but always appreciated. Gail has become a Gelli printing addict and she is planning to share her Gelli passion with us. Each participant will get their own Gelli plate to experiment with and keep. You’ll mono-print on fabric as well as paper. Find more information and register here!
The Bodie Lighthouse was another of my recent paintings. This is one of the 3 hr workshops coming up June 21, either day or evening, your choice. No experience needed to join us for one of these workshops. Supplies and surface is included. Register now!
Starting this Wed evening we will paint the Susan Crouch Watercolor Sheep. This will be a 2 week class June 5 & 12, starting at 5:30p until 9p so that we’ll finish in the 2 weeks. We’ll have fun exploring new watercolor techniques for novice watercolor enthusiasts. Register now.
Our seminar with Ros is approaching quickly. We still have seats for most days. Mabry’s Mill is full on Tue,
but I am keeping a wait list and if we get enough interest on the wait list we can see about adding another class. More information and registration!
Registration is open for our seminar with Kathie George, Nov 11, 12, & 13 and we have an exciting assortment of projects chosen. We’ll create a trendy watercolor Shell Weave using cheese cloth for an interesting effect in our paintings. We’re also
painting a batik, Cat in the Snow, who is actually my cat from a photo that I took in the 70s. How “cool” is that. Then there is the Ducks in a Row, my personal favorite, using powdered inks for a very interesting effect. Leave it to Kathie to keep coming up with exciting new techniques for us. Register now!
Gail and I are ready for our Summer’s End ArtFling, Aug 17 & 18. We’re asking everyone to register by July 31 so that we can make sure to have all the supplies ready for class. Plan to join us for some Gelli-licious, paintabulously, creative fun. Register now!
My next trip to Litchford Falls Healthcare and Rehab Center to demonstrate for the residents is coming up June 13, 2p, if anyone would like to accompany me. I have a following of residents that join me each month to make suggestions and approve my painting. This is a very rewarding trip for me, sharing my love of painting, and giving back to our community. And enjoying some special people I’ve met there.
My vacation is coming up the last week of June. It’s time to study the ocean waves, sand dunes, and coastal skies, just for reference of course. So no classes June 23 – 30!
Be sure to check the schedule for updates and additions. We’re being creative with our class times this summer so double check hours too. So much to paint and so little time.
Summer’s End ArtFling at Artful Endeavors
with Gail Schmidt and Liz Miller Aug 17, & 18, 2013, 9a-5p
Gail Schmidt (my very good friend) from Shabby Cottage Studio and Creative Workshops online classes and I are teaming up again this summer to bring you an exciting Aug weekend workshop/retreat at Artful Endeavors.
Gail will teach some splendid Gelli design techniques. Each participant with get their own Gelli mat. I’ve seen her working sample and I want to do that! Just so you know, Gail is artistically fearless and has an awesome design sense that she willingly shares. We always learn so much and have such fun with Gail. She is very creatively inspiring.
I will bring some fabulous different painting techniques including an original new design never before offered.
Saturday: Mixed Media Get Your Gelli On! With Gail Schmidt
Come join me for a day of immediate gratification with some of the most art fun you’ll ever experience without using a brush or a palette. We work with the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate that allows for some fabulous monoprinting results without a press. The results are always spontaneous, always a surprise.
Absolutely no experience is needed and you will be amazed at the gorgeous prints you create. The Gel Printing Plate and brayer needed for this technique is included in the price of the class and is yours to keep when the class is done.
Be careful though…this form of art has been known to be highly addictive and
stress relieving. Sometimes art just needs to be about play and Gelli printing is all about play!
I promise it will be a blast! Gail
$145 includes Gel Plate, brayer, and most supplies.
Sunday: Acrylic Painting Rope Swing With Liz Miller
In our acrylic class we’ll create the effect of a misty background with a tree swing waiting to invite you to join the unfolding story. We’ll learn to create atmosphere and texture on canvas with our acrylic products as we develop the feeling of anticipation in our painting.
No prior experience is needed (although always appreciated) to join us for this nostalgic painting. Liz
$85 includes 12 x 12” canvas, paints, and products.